Official name of Windows Azure IAAS offering is Windows Azure Virtual Machines(VM). This feature is still in preview mode and is expected to become generally available later this year.
I will use this blog post to provide a list of resources that you will find helpful in learning about Azure VM’s.
- Evaluation Guide for Virtual Machines: This document is an excellent place to get started with Virtual Machines. It has everything you need to get started.
PowerShell scripting enables you to automate management of Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
This section will provide links to PowerShell scripting resources.
Michael Washam blog:
Michael’s blog is a goldmine for PowerShell Scripting. He does blog about other topics so I will provide links to his posts where he talks about scripting.
- Automating Windows Azure Virtual Machines with PowerShell
- Importing and Exporting Virtual Machines
- Connecting Windows Azure Virtual Machines with PowerShell
SharePoint on Virtual Machines
This section will provide useful resources about installing SharePoint on Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
- Migrating on premise SharePoint to Windows Azure.
- Creating standalone SharePoint Farm in Windows Azure
- Tech Ed: Deploying SharePoint Farm in Windows Azure Virtual Machine